JCPenney is hiring Sr. Data Analyst
A friend of mine who works at the JC Penney HQ in Plano, TX just sent me a new job posting — she would love to hire an OU DSA student! See below for job description and let me know if you are interested! Please note that JCPenney is not doing Visa sponsoring for this position.
JCPenney is one of the nations largest apparel and home furnishing retailers with more than 1,000 stores and jcp.com. We are a diverse community of people, all working together to bring sensational style, sensible prices and the best service possible to our customers. Were looking for talented individuals who want to work in an energetic, respectful, collaborative environment. With a wide array of jobs, internships, training and more, there are countless opportunities for you to grow your career with us.
JCPenney is looking for an experienced data analyst who is eager to learn, to add value, and to do interesting work as a valued member of the Customer Strategy team. This position is data-intensive and will involve use of SQL and SAS software tools to pull data for analysis and reporting purposes. Insights produced by this team inform business decisions in Marketing and beyond, including those by senior executive leaders.
- Facilitate the definition of analysis needs and work product requirements of internal clients
- Translate client needs and requirements into specific data, logic and reporting requirements and realistic work plans
- Understand and have a working knowledge of customer/transactional level data
- Strive to structure analysis to provide conclusive insights that directly align to decision-making
- Prioritize and balance multiple activities in parallel and communicate status proactively to manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand data sources to determine the correct source(s) and logic to ensure accurate, efficient and timely deliverables
- Build, run and automate data queries, analysis and reports
- Speak out when business strategies do not align with data insights and when insights suggest new marketing tactics
- Identify and log data issues and work with department, IT and vendor teammates to understand and resolve them
- Proactively seek help from and offer help to JCP teammates to accelerate skill development, business understanding and overall goal achievement
- Anticipate future insight needs/opportunities and deliver self-initiated value to JCP
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College graduate with 3+ years of experience
- At least 2 years experience using databases and SQL (structured query language) and SAS
- Ability to combine, cleanse and harmonize data for descriptive and predictive analytics
- Strong math, computer and problem-solving skills, including MS Excel
- Structured thinker and high attention to detail
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to consistently meet and exceed stakeholder expectations
- Desire to acquire new technical skills (e.g., R, Hive, Tableau, Datameer) and business knowledge